Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blessings from the Book

Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of the prophecy, and heed the things which are written in it, for the time is near.  (Revelation 1:3 NASV)

   Are you tired of seeing other Christians being blessed while you seem to come up empty?  I know that empty feeling because it happened to me.  A friend of mine came up to me one day overflowing with joy and the blessing of the Lord.  To tell you the truth, I felt like choking him.  Why did I react that way?  Because I was empty and joyless.  Nothing exciting was happening in my life.  No joy.  No spark.  No enthusiasm.  No time spent in God's word either.

   It was then that I came in contact with a friend who invited me to read the Word of God with him.  We started reading in the book of Revelation.  When we came to verse three I was shocked.  The Holy Spirit through the Apostle John said, "Blessed is he who reads and those who hear this prophecy."  I asked my friend, "Do you mean I am guaranteed a blessing from God just for reading this book of Revelation." 

   "That's the promise,"  he said.  Since then, whenever I want a special blessing I read the book. 

   Have you found the secret of the blessed life?  I believe David found that secret through his daily meditations with God.  Almost every Psalm of Davie extols God.  Over and over David said, "Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my innermost  being, praise his Holy name.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.  (Psalm 103:1-2 NIV).

   You too can experience the blessings of the Lord.  As I said before, all you have to do is READ THE BOOK!

Thought for the Day: God's blessings are new and fresh every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment