Friday, March 30, 2012

Never Forget

Remember the Lord your God.  He is the one who gives you powers to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.  (Deut. 8:18 NLT)

  There are events in my life that I always want to remember and never forget.  I don't want to forget how God spared my home from the revaging St. Patrick's Day flood in 1936.  I don't want to forget how God watched over my wife and I as we traveled to different countries sharing Christ with missionary kids.  Most of all, I never want to forget how God saved me from eternal damnation through faith in his Son, Jesus Christ.

   The Israelite had a bad habit of forgetting all of God's providence's, protection, and provision.  He gave them manna in the wilderness and victory over their enemies, but they soon forgot and fell into wayward ways.  God had to constantly remind them of their covenant with Him.  

   Are you forgetful?  Why not spend some time today remembering all the good things God has done for you.  Write them down and see how long the list becomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment