Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Qualities You Want to See in a Friend

"And Abraham believed God and it was reckoned to him as righteousness," and he was called the friend of God.  (James 2:23 NASB)


   What kind of qualities do you want to see in a friend?  For me, it would be honesty, loyalty, and wisdom.
I want someone who will tell it like it is and will stick by me even when I stumble and fall.  I need a person who has the Godly wisdom that provides the kind of counsel I need when tough decisions confront me.

   Friends should be able to have good times together -- laughing, singing, and weeping with the joy of the Lord.  I also need a friend that challenges and encourage me to deepen my walk with the Lord.  For the past 60 years my wife, Elaine along with the Lord Jesus have fulfilled all the requirements of a true friend.

   Do you need a friend -- one who will stick closer than a brother.  I would recommend that you seek a love relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.  He is a friend worth seeking.

No comments:

Post a Comment