Thursday, November 15, 2012

Slippery Path

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, and out of the mud and the mire.  He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.  (Psalm 40:2 NLT)

   Many times God has kept me from falling while on a slippery path.  Oftentimes I have gotten bogged down in the mire of sin because of my own wrongdoing.  I ignored the road side warning signs in the Word of God and skidded off the proven path onto a slippery one.  Once confession is made God is right there to reach out his hand and lift us back up onto solid ground.

   I remember one time driving my daughter home from a flute lesson.  We were coming over a hill when you couldn't see the other side until you reached the top.  As I crested the hill and started down the other side, I saw a man walking toward us in my lane.  I swerved to avoid striking him and miraculously missed running into the ditch.  To this day I don't know how we avoided an accident except that God must have dispatched an angel to watch over us.  I breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Thank you Jesus!"

   Aren't you glad that God has his angels watching over you?

No comments:

Post a Comment