"Because of the multitude of his horses, the dust raised by them will cover you; your walls will shake at the noise of the calvary and wagons and chariots when he enters your gates as men enter a city that is breached." (Ezekiel 26:10 NASB)
Since it's founding by our forefathers who came seeking religious freedom and a batter way of life, American has not experienced a threat from without, until the devastation of the twin towers on 9/11.
Our nation had erected an impregnable wall supported by its military might that no nations dared to challenge. Many believe that Almighty God had placed a protective hedge around America. Now that the impregnable wall has been breached, we wonder has God removed that protective hedge and left us vulnerable?
Following the aftermath of 9/11, people asked: Where was God? Why did he allow this to happen?
Just to refresh your memory consider these facts:
1. The courts abolished prayer and Scripture in the public schools.
2. The ten commandments were no longer allowed in public placed and were removed from walls by government decree.
3. The mention of God or Jesus Christ has become Taboo.
4. Military chaplains are restrained from using the name of Jesus Christ.
5. The sacred is being replaced by the profane.
6. The nation has legalized the killing of the unborn.
Where is God, you ask? The answer is: We drove him out and his protective hedge went with him.
The warning signs are evident, but no one is paying attention to them. Is it too late for America? Is judgment on the horizon? Only God knows the answer, but I do believe that we need to put into practice the advice of 2 Chronicles 7:14. Only a national great awakening will get us back on the right track.
Thought for the day: God's judgment is swift and sure.
Prayer: Dear Lord, help each one of us to be willing to confess our sins and seek God's mercy and grace.