Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Bad Decision

Bad Decision
The woman was convinced. She saw that the tree was beautiful and its fruit looked delicious, and she wanted the wisdom it would give her. So she took some of the fruit and ate it. Then she gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it, too.” (Genesis 3:6 NLT)
Have you ever made a bad decision? Of course you have! At one time or another we have all made decisions that did not fall within the framework of God’s will and suffered the consequences. It may have involved purchasing a car (the old ones falling apart, so we think), a household item, a piece of property, a job, or a relational situation.
   I must confess that I have made a number of bad decisions throughout my life that either put a financial strain on my family or put in jeopardy certain relationships. Fortunately, God, in his graciousness, helped me overcome my bad decisions.
   None of my bad decisions were as devastating and far reaching as the one made by Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Their bad decision caused mankind’s separation from God, and brought about the sting of death. God put a curse upon the ground which resulted in man having to work with the sweat rolling down his face. Ever since that day, we have had to battle tenacious weeds, thorns, and thistles just to eke out a living.
   When I hired out to work on a farm as a teenager I never dreamed that I would have to hoe weeds out of a corn patch, or muck out a barnyard, or cut thistles out of the cow pasture. How I hated those jobs!
   In the midst of the bad decision God provided some good news. He made a promise in Genesis 3:15 that at a future appointed time a son would be born to the woman who would redeem mankind.
   We learn from the experience of our “first parents” that it is best to seek the will of God before making a decision. Faith choices will prevent “bad decisions.”

Prayer: Dear Lord, making good decisions is a matter of “faith choices.”

No comments:

Post a Comment