Monday, January 23, 2017

Tell All to God

Tell All to God
“The Lord has heard my plea; the Lord will answer my prayer.”                   (Psalm 6:9 NLT)
Have you ever found it difficult to pray? Are you reluctant to tell God everything that is happening in your life? Are you afraid that he will not understand, or doesn’t care, or isn’t interested in your feelings? Perhaps you are fearful of being disrespectful of your heavenly Father.
   A trip through the Psalms will help remove your reluctance to reveal all to God. After all, he knows everything already. Listening to David’s prayer life you will realize that he was not afraid to be completely honest with God.
   As you overhear David crying out in Psalm 6, “O Lord, don’t’ rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your rage.” V.1) “Have compassion on me, Lord, for I am weak.” (v. 2) “I am sick at heart. How long, O Lord, until you restore me. (v. 3) “O Lord, why do you stand so far away?” (10:1) “Listen to my prayer for mercy as I cry out to you for help.) (28:2) “O Lord, oppose those who oppose me. Fight those who fight against me.” (35:1) “Listen to my prayer, O God. Pay attention to my plea.” (54:2)
   What can we learn from David’s approach to God? Does it sound like he was praying in desperation? Were his prayers expressing the depths of his soul? Was he bold in his requests? Did he pray expecting an answer? What was he really saying to God? “Help me!” “Listen to me!” “Don’t be mad at me!” “Where are you!” “Come to my aid!”
   How do you approach the Lord when you pray? Like David, do you go boldly to the Lord and tell him what’s on your mind or are you reluctant to “Tell all to God.” We are told in Hebrews 4:16, ”So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.” (NLT)
   You don’t have to be afraid to tell God what you are thinking & feeling. The next time you talk to your heavenly Father – tell it all. He’ll listen! He’ll understand!

Prayer: Dear Lord, forgive me for failing to be totally honest with you in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment