Friday, March 25, 2011

Allegiance Tested

Later on God tested Abraham's faith and obedience.  (Genesis 22:1 NLT).

    When was the last time God tested your faith and obedience?  Perhaps you are presently going through a testing period.  If you've never experienced a test of your faith, it would be wise to examine where you stand with the Lord.

    Can you envision Abaham singing, "Take my life, and let it be" -- only to have God change the words to, "I want your only son, take the joy of your life and give him to me."  Wow!  Wouldn't you be tempted to say, "God do you know what you are asking?"  Do you really expect me to give up my son, Isaac, as a sacrifice?

    The  command of God shocks us with its blunt and sobering truth:  God wants total allegiance.  Nothing less than a total commitment will suffice.  God wants to be the treasure of our hearts.  He wants us to sing without question, "All to Jesus I surrender, all to Him I freely give."

    As you read the rest of Genesis 22, you'll find that Abraham obeyed without question and proved to God that his love for God was greater than his love for his son. 

     Where have you placed your allegiance?  Does God have every room in your heart, or are you withholding some for yourself?  Once you come to realize that only God can satisfy the hungry heart, then you can sing without hesitation: "Take my heart, it is Thine own, it shall be they royal throne."

Thought for the Day: God has allows no rivals -- he wants all of you.

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment