Wednesday, September 14, 2011

God Delights in You

For the Lord your God is living among you.  He is a mighty savior.  He will take delight in you with gladness.  With his love, he will calm all your fears.  He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.  (Zephaniah 3:17 NLT). 


   For many years I was led to believe that my performance merited the love and approval of God.  It wasn't until I read the book He Loves Me by Wayne Jacobson that I realized there wasn't anything good I could do to cause God to love me more, or anything bad that would make him love me less.  God loves me not because of who I am or what I do, but rather because of who he is and what he has done.

   God loves you and me with an everlasting, unconditional agape love.  It can't be earned.  No amount of money can buy it.  It won't be found in any store.  It can't be ordered online or through a catalog.  Sacrifices and offerings won't obtain it.  Being good won't get it.  Serving God night and day doesn't meet the criteria.  It is freely given by the grace of God. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

   How do you receive such matchless love?  By simply coming to Jesus with your sin and inviting him to come   into your heart by faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment