Monday, June 11, 2012

The Perfect Picture

But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.  (Matthew 5:48 NLT)


   What would you consider to be the perfect picture?  Would it include any of the following:  Viewing first hand the Stonehenge landmark, Arundel Castle near Portsmouth, Royal Pavilion in Brighton, H.M.S. victory in Portsmouth. or the Tower of London?  I've seen them all and they can't compare to what I've experienced while sitting in a tree stand on opening day of deer season.

    I got there before dawn and climbed up into the tree.  I sat on a five gallon bucket with my rifle in my lap and waited.  Slowly a pre-dawn sky began to change from pitch dark to a soft gray.  As it grew lighter the sun's rays peaked over the treetops and everything turned a brilliant orange, then light yellow and the day began.
"What a perfect picture," I thought.  I heard the scampering of the squirrels, the tweeting of birds, and pecking of turkeys below me.  The words of the great hymn "How Great Thou Art" came to mind.

   O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder consider all the worlds thy hands have made, I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder, Thy pow'r thro'-out the universe displayed. 


   When thro' the woods and forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur, and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.  


Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee' How great thou art, how great thou art!


Is there anything more beautiful than living the words of that great hymn?  If you have not done so, look around you today, and marvel at what God has made.  After all it's THE PERFECT PICTURE!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment