Monday, January 21, 2013

Specially Chosen

You did not chose me but I chose you  John 15:16 NASB

  "Pitch the ball in there, Jimmy!  Come on; give it your best shot!" the kids yelled.  With longing and yearning known only to me, I stood on the sidelines watching the neighborhood kids play stickball.  The old left-out feeling swept over me, and I wandered away shedding a few tears.  Once again, I had not been chosen.

   For many years I suffered with distasteful memories of being a child not chosen.  Lacking friends and living with an absentee father and a mother who worked full time, led to feelings of insecurity and inferiority.  It wasn't until I came into a relationship with Jesus Christ that I discovered I was a chosen one all along.  The Apostle Paul wrote, "Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes."  (Ephesians 1:4 NLT)  

   Are you one of God's chosen ones?

No comments:

Post a Comment