Thursday, April 5, 2012

Keeping our Ducks in Line

"In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."  (Proverbs 3:6 NASB)

My first experience plowing a field reminds me of my walk with the Lord.  I'd never driven a tractor, let alone with a plow behind.  As I came to the end of the row and turned, it looked as though a snake had made the furrow.  I realized that plowing wasn't as easy as it looked.  Neither is plowing a straight line in the Christian walk.  Satan places so many obstacles and distractions in our path.  I found that ignoring the pull of the world took a lot of faith and courage.  Paul warned his apiritual son Timothy not to "entangle himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier."  (2 Timothy 2:4)

   How are your plowing experiences today?  Are your furrows nice and straight, or are they crooked like mine were?  I found that I had to keep my eyes glued on a specific goal if the rows were to be straight.  Life is much easier if we keep our ducks in a straight line. 

    Don't let your focus on Jesus get sidetracked by the glitter and glamour of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment