Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Only One Thing

One thing I have asked from the Lord, that shall I seek!  That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.  (Psalm 27:4 NASB)

   Children as well as adults love to receive gifts.  What is a birthday or anniversary without a gift?  To me, Christmas is the best time to give and receive gifts.  God loved us so much that he gave us his Son, Jesus Christ as our Christmas gift. 

   If you were to ask God for only one thing, what would it be?  I know from the above verse what David wanted -- to dwell in the house of the Lord forever.  Have you ever wondered to yourself, What kind of  gift would God  ask for?  Do you think it strange that God would seek a gift?  I don't!  I believe the gift our Father in heaven wants most from us is our love and worship. 

   Are you ready and willing to give God the gift he most desires?  Tell him today how much you love him and he will respond in kind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment