Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Glories of God's Creation

He replied, "You know the saying, 'Red sky at night means fair weather tomorrow, red sky in the morning means foul weather all day?  You are good at reading the weather signs in the sky, but you can't read the obvious of the times."  (Matthew 26:2-3 NLT).


   On my way to St. Louis one morning I saw the most beautiful sunrise.  It seems as though our great Creator God took his finger and drew streaks of red, orange, and yellow across the eastern horizon.  My mind was filled with thoughts of the glory, splendor, and majesty of a God who would paint such a picturesque scene.  As the colors began to fade a prayer of praise and worship formed in my heart.

   Who would believe it that on my way home that evening, God gave me a repeat performance with a gorgeous sunset.  Brilliant hues enhanced the sky as the sun dipped below the horizon.  Never before had I experienced two awesome scenes of such beauty on the same day.  What was God trying to say to me?

   In the morning rush hour traffic God's beauty lifted my spirit and helped me prepare for a tough day of work. Now that the day was over and the spirit sagged, God gave me a new experience of his glory by painting another picture of brilliance to refresh my tired body and spirit.  It can't get any better than that.

   If you are in need of encouragement or strength to make it through the difficulties of life, look around you and see the great Creator God at work.  Ask him to open your spiritual eyes to see the glories of his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment