Monday, July 25, 2011

Desirable to God

And hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not those who are healthy who need a physician, but those who are sick; I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  (Mark 2:17 NASV)


   When I was a young boy, we had several wren bird houses.  I loved to watch the little birds make their nest in the springtime.  The song birds would sing and chirp a lovely tune.  I threw out bread crumbs and seeds for them.  I hated it when the big old blackbirds and starlings came to steal their food.  I yelled and chased them away, but they'd always come back.

   This incident reminds me of the people who followed Jesus.  Not all of them were interested in his message.  In fact, the larger percentage only wanted a free meal or healing.  Not once did Jesus turn anyone away.

   These passages teach me that I should consider all people as desirable to God.  No one should be left out.  No one ignored.  No person too poor or too rich.  He is willing and able to save to the uttermost all who come to him by faith.  Including you!

Thought for the Day: The undesirable become desirable when they meet Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment