Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Does God Exist?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.  (Genesis 1:1)


   The first four words of the Bible pretty much answer the question, "Does God Exist?"  If that were all that the Scriptures had to say about our Creator, it would be enough.  God is and was and is to come.  He is the Alpha and Omega. (Rev. 1:8)  None of the writers of Scripture attempt to prove the existence of God.  Instead, they simply record the evidence of His existence and the glory of His works.

   There is nothing more soothing to my soul than to stand on the top of a mountain and view the glory of a setting sun.  Even now, I can close my eyes and see the changing colors and spectacular beauty.  I have stood transfixed on mountain tops in five continents and the sheer beauty of fading sunsets confirms for me the presence of my creator.

   One of the most convincing evidences beyond the biblical, intellectual, scientific, and theological fields is the way lives have been changed.  I know from first hand experience because God radically changed my life from the inside out.  Every believer has gone through a lifestyle change.  It may not be a dramatic as say an alcoholic, drug addict, or jail bird, but all of us have had change.

What is your lifestyle change story?

No comments:

Post a Comment