Monday, December 19, 2011

Living Example of Christ

But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you to be holy.  (I Peter 1:15)


   During a small group discussion one man said, I used to have a sign on my car that read, "If you can read this, you're too close," but I took it down when my tailgating was pointed out to me.

   After the laughter subsided, I thought of the fish sign on the read of my car, and some sobering thoughts came to my mind. Do my driving habits reflect a Christian example?  How courteous am I in traffic?  Am I willing to yield the right-of-way to others?

   These thoughts caused me to examine other areas of my life and questions arose.  How do I handle disagreements that arise within the family, workplace, church, and out in the neighborhood?  Am I willing to listen to other people's point of view, or do I insist on having my own way?  Am I a control freak?

   Jesus' words and example set the standard for righteous living.  No one said it would be easy following Jesus' example, but there are far reaching rewards for those who obey.

   Are you willing to take up the standard of Christ and live for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment