Monday, October 10, 2011

God has a Plan

We can make our plans, but God determines our steps.  (Proverbs 16:9 NLT)

   I spent the first twenty-four years of my life drifting without a helm or rudder.  No real purpose or direction.  Just following the crowd.  In September 1950, I joined the U.S. Navy to avoid being drafted into the army.  After basic training, I was shipped to Mare Island Naval Shipyard in Vallejo, California.  That's where I first came in contact with the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Through the efforts of two shipmates< I came to accept Jesus as my Savior.  My life changed completely.

   Daily Bible reading revealed to me that God had a plan and purpose for my life.  I also found that following God's Plan requires a lifetime of effort.  Many crossroads and decisions have to be made.  Many doors entered and lives changed.  The road is bumpy and obstacles appear.  Mistakes are made, but overcome by the grace of God. 

   I discovered that God uses ordinary people to fulfill his plan and purpose.  He has been using my life in various ways for over fifty years to further His kingdom.  He wants to use you as well.  All he needs is a willing heart.  Are you willing to be used by the Lord? 

Thought for the Day: God will take a willing heart and make something spectacular happen for his glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment