Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hurry Up and Wait

He asked the Lord what he should do, but the Lord refused to answer him, either by dreams or by sacred lots or by the prophets.  (1 Samuel 28:6)


   HURRY UP, AND WAIT!  How many times have I heard those exact words uttered when I was in the Navy?  No one likes to wait.  Whether it's in a long line at the super market, in a chow line, or in a doctor's office.

   King Saul failed the waiting test.  When God didn't respond to his call for help, Saul turned to a medium.  God has given strict orders not to resort to mediums and witchcraft, but Saul disobeyed.

   How often do we ask God for his will on a certain matter and then without waiting for his answer, do what we wanted to all along.  I know I've been guilty -- have you?  We need to exercise patience as did David, "I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry." (Psalm 40:1)

   Spend the next five minutes waiting on the Lord.  Tell him what is heavy on your heart, make your requests to him -- then be silent and wait.

Thought for the Day: When we are silent, God speaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment