Monday, October 17, 2011

Hanging by a Handgrip

   And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God. (Romans 8:28 NLT)

   The sun rose over the hillside with its red, orange, and yellow hues reflecting on the water of the lake below.  As I sat on my balcony with coffee in hand, the thought came to me, what a beautiful morning for fishing!  How could anything spoil such a beautiful day?  Such were my thoughts, not knowing what the rest of the day would bring.

Unfortunately fishing was only in my dreams since I had promised to help a friend  put a new roof on his house.  We spent the morning putting down the roofing paper.  After lunch we noticed a slight breeze and the clouds getting darker.  We could smell rain in the wind and knew we needed to hurry to get the job done.  The sky turned an ugly green and the wind began to howl.  Our wives stood on the ground yelling, GET OFF THE ROOF.  We barely had time to flatten on the roof and grab the rafters as the storm roared over us.  Fortunaely for us we were on the downside or the wind would have blown us off the roof.  In a matter of seconds all the roofing paper was gone and scattered all over the neighborhood.  As quickly as the storm appeared it was over.  Praise the Lord for answering our quick prayers.

   Maybe some of you are hanging by a handgrip.  Circumstances are weighing you down.  You don't know where to turn.  I am so thankful that I have a God who cares and is readyi to listen to my pleas for help.  You too can turn to him.  He is always ready to listen. 

Thought for the Day: God delights in bringing good our of bad situations. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment