Friday, August 3, 2012

Repetition: Is it Necessary?

You must not worship the gods of these nations or serve them in any way or imitate their evil practices.  Instead you must utterly destroy them and smash their sacred pillars.  (Exodus 23:24 NLT)


  "If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times...!"  Does that statement sound familiar?  How many times have I uttered that to one of my children over the years?

   Repetition is one of the seven laws of learning and the Lord repeatedly said to Israel -- no other gods -- no carved images.  Unfortunately for them they failed to heed his warnings and eventually were turned over to the devices of their enemies.

   The same holds true for you and me today.  Whatever commands our attention becomes our god.  When was the last time you stooped to take inventory?  Have you taken out the garbage lately?  As I search my heart, I see a ton of garbage that needs to be confessed and thrown out.

   Be careful not to allow anything to come between you and your love relationship with your heavenly Father.  That's my goal today!

No comments:

Post a Comment