Thursday, August 16, 2012

Roller Skates Taught Me a Life Lesson

....for as long as you practice these things, you will never fall.  (2 Peter 1:10)

   My new pair of roller skates made my ninth birthday the happiest day of my young life.  My parents probably never knew what a treasure of childhood memories those skates brought.  Nor could they have known the valuable life lesson that my first-and-only fall taught me.  I learned that no matter how many times I fell, it is vital to get back up and try again.

   Perhaps you have fallen and need support to get up and try again.  No matter how many times we sin, if we take them to the Lord in prayer and repentance, he is willing to forgive and set our feet back on solid ground.

   God is able to take every issue of life and give it a divine twist.  Nothing is too hard for him.  No problem too difficult, no injury beyond his capability to cure, no sinful act that he cannot forgive.  Isn't He worthy of your trust?

No comments:

Post a Comment