Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Responding to God's Call

Then the Lord spoke to Jonah a second time: "Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh, and deliver the message I have given you."  (Jonah 3:1-2)

   God has a plan and a calling for every believer.  None of us will be completely satisfied until we find out what God's purpose is for our lives.  It took me many years before I finally had peace of mind about service for the Lord.  I tried all kinds of so-called Christian activities, and wasted many hours going in circles, thinking that being busy for the Lord was equated with God's call.

   All the while God was trying to tell me, "All I want is a love relationship with you."  I don't need your service, but I do want to spend time with you.  I was created for that purpose.  Whatever I do today, I do out of compelling love for my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

   You will notice in the command for Jonah to go to Nineveh that God gave him the message.  God has given us a message and declared that we are his ambassadors. (2 Corinthians 5:20)  When God calls us to a work, he also equips us for the task.  Have you responded to his call?

No comments:

Post a Comment