Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Friends Forever

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.  (John 15:13)


   How would you define a friend?  A friend is someone who loves me unconditionally in spite of my many faults and seeks to draw me closer to God.

   The paralyzed man in Mark 2 was a fortunate man indeed.  He had four such friends who looked after his every need 24/7.  They were men of great faith.  They made a commitment to take the man to see Jesus.  In the process they tore open a hole in a man's roof to lower the crippled man in front of Jesus.  Jesus publicly recognized their faith and healed the man.  He said, "Take up your mat and go home."

   Wow!  Do you have any friends like that?  I know one such friend who said to me, "I will never leave you or forsake you."  His name is Jesus.  I can count on Jesus to come to my aid when a need arises.  His phone line is never out of order or too busy to hear my call.  I have never gotten a busy signal when I dialed.  He never puts me on hold.  I can even understand him when he speaks to me.  He speaks my heart language.

   Do you know Jesus as your personal Savior?  Is he your friend too?  All it take to make him your friend is repentance and faith.  Once that is accomplished you can dial his phone number anytime day or night.

   Have you dialed him lately?  If not, here is his phone number.  ISA 65:24.  Why not give him a ring right now?

Thought for the Day: Jesus wants to be your friend -- will you let him come into your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment