Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God, do you love me?

I have loved you even as the Father has loved me.  Remain in my love.  (John 15:9)


   Have you even questioned God's love?  Maybe you have lost a loved one, a close friend, at wife or husband, and your heart cries out, "God, where is your love?"  or "Where were you when I needed you?"

   We all ask those questions from time to time.  Be assured that God is not taken by surprise when those types of feelings are expressed.  He is used to the "why" questions.  Job asked them over and over for thirty chapters, and then in chapters 38 to 41 God answers Job.  Job is forced to "put his hand over his mouth in silence."

   Everyone needs the assurance that God loves them.  If you are tempted to ask, "Do you love me?" remember that God's love never fails. (1 Cor. 13:8)

Thought for the Day: There is never a single instant when God doesn't love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment