Friday, August 26, 2011

God Came Down

I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians.  (Exodus 3:8)


   During my morning Bible reading I came across the incident of Moses and the burning bush in Exodus, Chapter 3.  God was aware of the plight of the Israelites so he told Moses that he was coming down to deliver them from bondage.

    Thousands of years later, people were still in bondage and once again God came down in the form of a babe in a Bethlehem manger to deliver them from the bondage of sin.  I was struck by the faithfulness of God in remembering his people and by his willingness to provide deliverance.  I see no worthiness in my life that would prompt him to demonstrate such love and grace.

   Let us come to the Lord with thanksgiving and praise for his eternal love and grace.

Thought for the Day: God is still coming down today to rescue us from the dregs of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment