Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Bold Plan

I slipped out during the night, taking only a few others with me.  I had not told anyone about the plans God had put in my heart for Jerusalem.  (Nehemiah 2:12 NLT)


   One thing we learn from Nehemiah is that he did not set about to execute his passion before first asking God to help him devise a plan.  When the king asked him, "Well, how can I help you," Nehemiah was prepared.  He boldly asked for letters of authority for a safe passage, and letters to Asaph, the manager of the king's forest, instructing him to supply the necessary timbers for the work.  The Scripture says, "And the king granted these requests, because the gracious hand of God was on me."  (Neh. 2:7-8 NLT)


   When God calls us to step out by faith he will not only give us a plan, but he will also provide the materials, ability, determination, and expertise to carry out the plan he has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment