Monday, February 6, 2012

Moment of Blindness

On that day the deaf will hear the words of the book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see.  (Isaiah 29:18 NASB)


   My oldest son and his bride stood before me.  As I opened my Bible and looked down, a wave of panic swept over me.  I could not see a single word.  Had I gone blind?  Then it dawned on me that in my nervousness I had forgotten to put on my glasses.

   How often do we miss out on God's blessings because we forget or neglect the essential functions of life.  Such things a daily meditation and prayer are often forgotten.  Jesus looked for opportunities to meet people's urgent needs.  He gave sight to the blind and lifted up the crippled.  He gave hope to the hopeless.  He modeled the kind of life he wants us to live.

   Ask yourself: What can I do today to relieve the agony of a suffering spouse, a window or widower, a child abandoned by father or mother.  There is someone out there who has lost hope and needs a lot of encouragement.  Ask God to direct you to some needy person today.

No comments:

Post a Comment