Monday, May 9, 2011

Boyhood Memories

They shall eagerly utter the memory of your abundant goodness and will shout joyfully of your righteousness.  (Psalm 148:7 ASV)

   As I think of boyhood, I wonder what Jesus did when he was a boy growing up in the small village of Nazareth.  Did he play with wood blocks? (His father was a carpenter).  Did he write or draw pictures in the sand? (He did at the age of 32 -- John 8:6).  Did he walk around the village and play with the children his age?  (He walked a lot with his disciples.).

   I have to think that Jesus' boyhood wasn't much different than mine.  I had chores to do and he had to sweep up the shavings in his father's carpenter shop.  On numerous occasions I had to wash the dishes and dry them with a towel, and Jesus took a towel and washed the feet of his disciples.  I had to attend school to learn how to read and write, and as a boy Jesus was in the Synagogue talking to the teachers.  I got into trouble at times, and the Bible says, "Even though he was God's Son, he learned obedience fromthe things he suffered.."  (Hebrews 5:8 NLT).

   In his humanity, Jesus was tempted in all points the same as I am, yet without sin (Hebrews 2:18).  He is perfect in his divinity, and totally human as far as his humanity is concerned.  He possessed a human nature, but not a sinful nature.  I don't believe he did anything as a boy that brought and taint upon his relationship with his Heavenly Father.  That's why I want to be more like Jesus. 

Thought for the Day: It is well-pleasing to God to remember our boyhood days, as I'm sure Jesus did.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment