Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chew Your Food

O taste and see that the Lord is good; How blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!  Psalm34:8


   Have you ever watched the Biggest Loser program on TV?  I have to admire the effort and determination the contestants put into losing weight.  The latest winner when interviewed on the Today program said that she had to make the decision to change from the "inside out" in order to stay with the program.  Taking time to thoroughly chew your food is one of the ways to get the most out of the ingredients.

   I find that reading the Bible requires a lot of chewing in order to assimilate the truth contained therein.  A casual, hurried glance does not do it for me.  I need time to roll the truth around in my mind in order to digest it.. Sometimes I write out particular verses to memorize, or put on the refrigerator for easy reference.

   The prophet Jeremiah seemed to agree when he said, Your words were found and I did eat them, and your words became for me the joy and delight of my heart.  (Jeremiah 15:16 NASV).


   Do you take time to allow God's word to get into your heart?  By doing so you are drawn closer to him.

Thought for the Day: Your word have I treasured in my heart, that I may not sing against you.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment