Friday, May 6, 2011

Dad Can Fix It

Then Jesus asked the man, what do you want me to do?  Lord, he pleaded, I want to see!  And Jesus said, all right you can see!  Your faith has healed you.  Instantly the man could see, and he followed Jesus, praising God.  And all who saw it praised God, too.  (Luke 18:41-42 NLT).

   When I was young, I loved to make things:  slingshots, pea shooters, bows and arrows, and scooters.  One day, my younger brother, Sterling, was playing with my scotter.  I found him sitting on the sidewalk with tears running down his cheeks.  What's the matter?  I asked.  I broke your scotter, he replied.  I could see that he was scared because I had warned him not to mess with it.  After he stopped crying I said, don't worry, dad can fix it!  I wasn't worried because I knew that my father could fix anything.

   Our heavenly father is an expert at fixing the messes that we make of our lives.  There is nothing that is impossible for God.  When we believe in God and trust Him to fix it, He will not let us down.  God has provided the ultimate fix through his son, Jesus Christ.  When we place our faith in Jesus we are adopted into God's family and can forever say, my father can fix it. 

Thought for the Day: Our heavenly father is iin the "fix it" business.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment