Thursday, June 2, 2011

Clogged Fuel Line

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.  And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.  Hebrews 12:1 NLT


   I thought to myself, it's time to mow the lawn again.  Out came the self-propelled Lawn Boy mower.  I checked the gas, oil, and spark plug.  All was in readiness.  I held the safety lever and pulled the starter cord.  NOTHING!  I primed it a few more times and pulled again. NOTHING.  Again and again I tried until my arm about fell off -- all to no avail.  Something had clogged up the carburetor.

   This incident reminds me of my spiritual life.  Like my lawn mower, my spiritual life gets clogged with dirt from the cares of this world.  The little sins that go unconfessed keep me from functioning spiritually. Outwardly I appear calm, but within, a raging fire is burning.  The joy of the Lord is blocked and no matter how much effort I put forth, my faith engine shuts down.  Nothing is so discouraging as a spiritual engine that won't function.

   What will it take for your spiritual engine to run smoothly?  Do you need a complete overhaul or just a little tune-up?  Rest assured that God is able to meet your needs whatever they may be.

Thought for the Day: God has a special price for a complete overhaul or tune-up.  it's called confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment