Sunday, June 12, 2011

Clothed with Beauty

And why are you worried about clothing?  Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.  (Matthew 6:28-29 NASV)


 As I was taking my morning stroll around the lake, I paused to observe the colorful ducks and lily pads along the shore.  I thought to myself, God sure does love to clothe our world in beauty.  The contrast between green, brown, grays and the stark white of the lily pad flowers was striking.

   My walk took on a new dimension as I began to take a closer look at the creative beauty around me.  The stately pines, the colorful Red Maples, and the Orange Sweet Gums all reflected the glory of our creator God.  I thought, how can I help others to see this beauty?  A still small voice seemed to say plant a flower garden.  Immediately plans began to form in my mind.  I decided to plant colorful flowers around the house, and put a small sign in front saying, "God created all things beautiful -- enjoy."  Neighbors walking by pause to take in the beauty that only God could create.  To Him be the glory forever and ever.  Amen!

   You, too, see God's creation every day.  Do you relish the glory and beauty of all that you see?  Do you praise God for his majesty and creative powers?  

Thought for the Day: Let's take time to observe God's beauty all around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment