Saturday, June 18, 2011

Compelled to Share Christ

Seeing the people, he felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. (Matthew 9:36 ASV)


   Have you ever struggled to turn a conversation to spiritual things?

   Years ago I was engaged in door-to-door evangelism.  It was my worst nightmare.  I was so afraid of rejection.  When someone opened the door and said, "What do you want," I shook in my boots. I told the Lord,  "I'm not cut out for this."  He replied, "I will be with you."

   Do you feel compelled to share Christ?  What can you do?  Here are a few suggestions:  Hold a dinner for six in your home.  Invite unsaved neighbors and friends.  Let them see Christ in you.  Start a Good News club in your neighborhood or school.  Find some gospel tracts and put them in each bill paying envelope.  When you eat out leave a nice tip inside a gospel tract.  Volunteer your time in a local thrift shop for the poor.  Help with Meals on Wheels at a local senior citizens center.  Visit a nursing home for the aged.  A big smile and encouraging words will go a long way to make their day brighter.

   Now is the time for compelling boldness.  Step out by faith.  The key is to be on the lookout for opportunities of service in your local community.  It's not so much how much you do -- just do something.

Thought for the Day: God's promise to be with you is still valid for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment