Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I B I J?

For we speak as messengers who have been approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News.  
(1 Thessalonians 2:4 NLT)


   When I first saw the letters IBIJ I thought: What in the world could that mean?  The letters looked like hieroglyphics to me.  Then someone said, "That's a text message."  Yes, but what does it say?  It stands for I believe in Jesus, they replied.

   I've never done any text messaging, but I'll have to admit that I can see the value of text messaging to reach people with the Good News.  Texting can be used of the Lord to encourage others.  A simple abbreviated phrase like GLU can bring joy and a smile to a needy heart.  Texting is a non-threatening way to send a word of hope.

   Have you ever tried to encourage someone through a text message?  Or are you like me who has never used this medium of communication?  I am willing to acknowledge the value while understanding the limitations.  Can it be used of the Lord?  Can it be abused?  The answer to both questions is -- Yes!

   Seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit and send a message of hope to someone that encourages and honors the Lord.  

Thought for the Day: God used a text message when he said, L1A.

No comments:

Post a Comment