Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Words of Affirmation

Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how to respond to each person.  (Colossians 4:6 NASB)


   Affirmation in the form of encouraging words inspires me to help build the esteem of my fellow man.  Each day I have the opportunity to use words that bring joy or sorrow, comfort or pain, victory or defeat.  I must as ask myself, "Will my words build up or tear down the person who hears them."

   The Apostle Paul instructed the believers at Philippi to "agree with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose."  (Philippians 2:2 NLT).  This can only be accomplished by offering inspiring words to affirm and build up the family of God.

   The next time you meet someone on the street, in the super market, at the gas station, or in the workplace why not speak to them a word of encouragement.  God will use your words to enlighten their day.
It takes more muscle effort to frown than it does to smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment