Sunday, November 6, 2011

Our Unchangeable God

I am the LORD, and I do not change.  That is why you descendants of Jacob are not already completely destroyed.  (Malachi 3:6 NLT)


   It never ceases to amaze me how simple things tickle the fancy of small children.  The mere mention of the words playground, swings, merry-go-round, and sliding board bring shouts of glee.  Little hands tug on my leg saying, "Please daddy, can we go now?"  


   Then as the years go by and the playground idea wears off new words come into view.  Vacations are planned around words like camping, swimming, fishing, backpacking, and traveling.

   How many times have my wife and I made plans only to change our minds?  Brochures are received, videos watched, and plans made.  Then reality sets in and the exotic plans are shelved or put on hold.

   I'm so glad that my Heavenly Father is not like I am.  He is unchangeable.  His character never wavers in spite of my misgivings and questions.  I can count on his providential care to determine what is right, true, and in my best interest.  Most of all his promises never fail.

   Thought for the Day: Put your trust in a God who never changes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment