Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm All In

Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you, for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge.  Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God.  (Ruth 1:16 ASV)


   While reading the first chapter in the book of Ruth, the Lord addressed a need in my life.

   As stated in verse 16, Ruth made a momentous life changing decision to cast her lot with Naomi and the people of Israel.  She declared her allegiance with the God of Israel.  In essence Ruth is saying, "I'm all in!"  Her decision was a total commitment.

   As I meditated on this passage, the Lord seemed to be asking me, Bob, are you ALL IN -- will you give everything to me?  Will you trust me to lead?  Are you willing to step up to the plate, or are you going to sit back in the stands and remain a spectator?

   Perhaps the Lord is asking you the same question.  Are you willing to cast your lot with the Lord and say, "I'm all in?"

No comments:

Post a Comment