Monday, November 7, 2011

Simon Says

Follow God's example in everything you do, because you are his dear children...(Ephesians 5:1 NLT).


  While I was a kid we loved to play the game "Simon Says."  Our leader gave commands prefaced by the words Simon Says and we responded.  If we didn't hear Simon Says, we were to stand still.  Anyone moving without hearing Simon Says would be disqualified and had to drop out of the game.  Simon was in control of the game.  In the same way, Jesus is our Simon who is in control of the game we call life.

   All believers are part of the game called Jesus Says.  He expects us to follow his commands without hesitation.  If Jesus says, "Be kind," (Eph. 4:32), we are to respond with kindness.  If Jesus says, "Be forgiving," we are to forgive seventy times seven (Matt. 18:22).  Many other such commands can be found in the Scriptures. Failing to comply when Jesus says can lead to disqualification.  The Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:27, "I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified."


   I urge each of you to listen for the voice of Jesus Says and then follow the directions that he gives.  He is our leader and won't give us any command that is not wise and good.

No comments:

Post a Comment