Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fragility of a Snow Globe

Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  (Psalm 51:7 NLT)


   Watching the snowflakes fall lazily from the sky reminds me of a "Snow Globe."  Give it a little shake and you create a blizzard effect inside the round glass globe.  The little white particles swirl around for a time before gently settling back down to normalcy.

   Snow Globes are fascinating fragile little glass balls enclosing a miniaturized scene of some sort, often together with a landscape.  I saw pictures of Christmas Snow Globes on the internet made by Thomas Kinkade, the famous master of light painter.

   The Fragility of a Snow Globe reminds us that we live in a broken world with blizzards swirling all around us.  These blizzards vary in magnitude and intensity.  When a snow globe is shaken everything inside appears to be topsy turvy," but then peacefully settles back down -- not so with the world.  Wars and rumors of wars continue and there is no peace.

   We will see no eternal peace in our lifetime until the Prince of Peace returns to eliminate the evil one who causes the blizzards and return our lives to normalcy.  Are you keeping the faith and looking for the peacemaker?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment