Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Maintaining Purity

He who has clean hands and a pure heart...shall receive a blessing from the Lord.  (Psalm 24:4-5)


   Missourians have a saying, "Wait five minutes and the weather will change."  The weatherman predicted a cold overcast day, with the possibility of a wintry mix.  I wrote up to a world of white.  The first snow of the year gave everything a refreshing clean look.  I wanted to get out and feel the flakes on my face, catch them on my tongue, and make a big snowman, but then I remembered that I wasn't a young kid anymore.

   Watching the falling snow reminds me of the purity of God.  I thought of God's faultless, spotless character and his perfection.  These characteristics exist absolutely in his essence and nature so that only he knows how to act accordingly.  God cannot be anything but pure.

   The Psalmist David gives us the recipe for purity when he says, "Purify me from my sins, and I will be clean, wash me, and I will be whiter than snow."  (Psalm 51:7 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment